1. Sell Handmade Products
Are you a creative person who enjoys making things at home? You might be passionate about crafts and art. Why not sell your handmade products online? You could, for example:
- Create jewelry
- Make pieces of art
- Homemade food is possible
- Make and sew clothes
- Knit blankets and clothes
- Craft wooden furniture
Selling handmade products, no matter what you love to create is a great way for you to make a living from your passion.
Two main methods to sell handmade products online are:
- You can sell through an online marketplace like Etsy
- Shopify allows you to create your online store.
- Nonetheless, Shopify’s Etsy integration allows you to sell through both channels.
2. Start a dropshipping business from home
Dropshipping is a great option for those who like the idea of owning an online store but aren’t sure what products to sell. This is an affordable home-based business idea that can be started quickly.
Dropshipping allows sellers to sell their products online without having to store or purchase them. Dropshipping is a partnership between sellers and dropshipping suppliers, who handle the inventory and ship the products directly to the customers.
3. You can start a Print-on Demand business from home
You could also start a print on demand business from your home if you enjoy creating art and eye-catching designs, but aren’t interested in making products.
Print-on-demand, a form of dropshipping, allows you to sell customized products with your designs.
- Apparel: T-shirts, hoodies, leggings, yoga pants, etc.
- Footwear: Sneakers, boots, flip flops, etc.
- Accessories: Watches, jewelry, watches, phones covers, bags and bottles, as well as notebooks, stationery and face masks.
- Homeware: Mugs, towels, bedsheets, cushions, blankets, throws, etc.
- Art: posters, wall hangings and stickers.
- Electronics: Headphones, speakers, etc.
4. Buy Bulk Products and Sell Them Online
You can also sell products online by buying products in bulk, also known as wholesale. Then you can sell the products individually.
You can buy products in bulk for a lower price than buying them individually. You can also increase the price of the product individually to make a profit.
Where can you find amazing goods in bulk?
Begin by looking for products on B2B ecommerce marketplaces such as Alibaba and Handshake.
5. Buy an existing ecommerce business
You can always purchase an existing home-based opportunity through the Exchange marketplace if you don’t have enough time or the desire to start your own business.
This site facilitates the sale ecommerce businesses in many niches. You can also buy an existing business or a relatively young business.
6. You can start a subscription box business from home
You don’t need to sell just one product when you can offer a whole bundle every month to the exact same person. Birchbox and other subscription boxes do this.
7. Teach Online
Consider sharing your skills and knowledge online if you have the ability to teach.
Languages, maths and science are some of the most popular subjects that can be taught online. There are many subjects you can teach online, so you could even teach music, sewing or DIY!
PayScale reports that most online teachers make between $10.18 to $39.87 an hour depending on their experience.